8.12.10

Staring at leaves

M loves this tree on the wall of her bedroom. She has a loft bed with direct view on this tree. Often we just cosily stare at the leaves to discover objects in the patterns of the used fabrics.
Last year I couldn't decide whether to buy this (in the meantime everywhere spotted) tree of Dutch Inke or not. But because of the high and sloping ceiling, it was clear that this tree wouldn't work out. So it became an own version made of different fabrics instead of wallpaper. To be honest, this way it turned out to be such a hugh project, that I wouldn't recommend to copy my idea. Although the final result is well succeeded and sustainable. The honours of the design of the tree and the detail with the bird go to Inke.

7 comments:

Marjolein said...

Wauw, wat mooi! De boom is fantastisch, maar ik vind het loft-bed ook echt geweldig. Zo'n kamer zou ik ook wel in huis wensen. Het maakt me wel heel nieuwsgierig naar de rest van jullie huis. Lijkt me niet doorsnee. Leuk!

Vi said...

Great, I really like it. I wanted to buy one when I was pregnant in case we were having a girl (well, we were not :).

Unknown said...

oh wow, you made this yourself... so much work I imagine...and well done!
it is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Wat is dat prachtig zeg! En dat vogeltje boven het stopcontact. Heel erg leuk :-)

Erna said...

oh wat mooi!!! wat een inspiratie! ik kom zeker nog eens een kijkje nemen!

Anonymous said...

What was your process? I have seen fabric wallpaper projects that use an adhesive like corn starch - what did you do?

lightbluegrey said...

@ cardona family: I ironed the fabric on fusible interfacing (I'm not sure about my translation. We call it 'plakvlieseline') and then cut the leave shapes. For fixing to the wall strong wall paper glue was used. Hope it's clear enough for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...